Amazon Web Services Building Blocks for Drupal Applications and Hosting
Cloud computing offers many advantages and challenges for hosting Drupal sites. Acquia Hosting is a highly available cloud-based hosting platform tuned for Drupal performance and scalability. Acquia Hosting built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), takes advantage of an industry leading cloud-computing platform to provide the highest levels of security, fault-tolerance and operational controls possible in the cloud.
This Webinar, featuring Barry Jaspan, Senior Architect at Acquia and Jeff Barr, Senior Evangelist Amazon Web Services, discusses how Amazon's Web Services can help Drupal site developers and managers solve common but vexing problems, including scaling.
The Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) components will be discussed in detail. In addition we will discuss specific best practices for:
- Creating a high-performance, high-availability Drupal tuned hosting environment on AWS Load balancing
- Elastic IP vs. Elastic Load Balancing
- Handling user-uploaded files with multiple web nodes
- Achieving true high-availability with multiple availability zones
- Choosing between Amazon Relational Database Service and building it yourself
- Configuring and managing your cloud servers